Jordan is a beautiful Arab nation that is renowned for its nature reserves, ancient monuments, stunning manmade wonders, and seaside resorts. There is so much to explore and experience in this beautiful diverse country which is a cradle of three modern religions. It is also the home of Petra, the famed archaeological site. The pink sandstone cliffs, monuments, temples, and tombs are the reason why Petra is also famous as the “Rose City”.
Jordan attracts a lot of visitors every year. Applying for a Jordan Visa for Indians is not a cumbersome task, especially for Indians as they are offered visas on arrival. Nevertheless, there are numerous ways in which Indian passport holders can put across an application for a tourist visa from the Jordanian embassy. You can apply for a visa based on the method that you find the best.
Applying for a Tourist Jordan Visa for Indians directly from the Embassy
This is one of the most sought after ways to obtain a tourist visa to Jordan. The procedure is quite simple and hassle-free. All you need to do apply either directly or through an approved travel agent. You will be required to furnish the following documents while submitting your application –
- Duly filled tourist visa application form
- Passport size photograph having a white background
- Passport with validity of six months
- Photocopy of your passport that covers your address and personal information
- Confirmed two-way flight tickets
- Hotel booking information
- Tour itinerary
- Bank statement of six months
The embassy takes three to five working days for processing your visa. The validity of a tourist visa is about 14 days and a fee has to be paid by the applicant. You can check the official website of Jordanian Embassy to learn more about the fees charged.
Jordan Visa for Indians through Tour Operator
You will be offered a tourist visa at the entry point, either Aqaba or Amman Airport, if you are touring in a group with a tour operator that has been verified by Jordan Tourism Board. Your chosen tour operator would take care of the entire process. Here are the documents that you will have to furnish to the operator so that they can take care of your visa.
- Tour itinerary along with hotel bookings
- Passport size photograph having a white background
- Passport having a validity period of six months
- Confirmed flight tickets
This type of Jordan Visa for Indians fees are covered by the tour operator. The permit offered is for 7-14 days based on your itinerary. The processing time is quite quick, and the procedure is hassle-free if you opt for this method to explore Jordan.
“Visa on Arrival” feature has been extended to Indian passport holders by the Jordanian Government purely for the purpose of tourism. However, the applicant needs to fulfil the following criteria. Indian nationals applying for a visa through this method need to –
- Produce confirmed return tickets
- Confirmed accommodation booking
- Produce proof of funds of US $1,000
- Valid passport for at least 6 months
- Photocopy of passport page containing the address and personal details
- One passport size photograph that has a white background
- A cover letter from the applicant stating the purpose of visit and duration of proposed stay
In the absence of accommodation booking, the applicant needs to produce confirmed return ticket and also produce cash amount of US $2,000. The visa has to be collected from Jordanian embassy prior to departure. The fee charged for a Visa on Arrival is US $60 and a permit of 14 days is offered. All applicants need to visit embassy office personally for visa. Travel agents would not be allowed for first-time travellers.
If you are choosing for this kind of Jordan Visa for Indians, then be prepared to answer questions posed by the immigration officers at the exit point from India. This procedure is quite common, and you need to be prepared for it. You also need to make sure to carry all the appropriate documents along with additional photocopies. It is best to carry additional copies rather than panicking at a later stage. All countries that offer on-arrival visas to Indian passport holders make sure that the immigration officers grill all the applicants for safety purposes.
You can gain entry into Jordan for the purpose of business with a tourist visa. You need to remember this as well as the detailed procedure. A tourist Jordan Visa for Indians is quite easier to obtain when compared to business visa. The procedure is quite different and additional documents are also requested by the embassy. All applicants have to be personally present during the interview session. Travel agents would not be entertained on your behalf.
Those who are applying for a business visa need to have –
- A valid passport for at least 6 months beyond the intended stay
- Photocopy of passport page containing the proof of residence and personal details
- Visa form
- Passport size photograph featuring a white background
- A letter from the employer or the firm that the individual is representing indicating the purpose of visit and duration of proposed stay
- Letter for invitation from associates in Jordan
- Letter of recommendation from Chamber of Commerce or ASSOCHAM, FICCI or Confederation of India Industry
- Confirmed return air ticket
Those who apply for a business visa need to pay a visa fee based on certain guidelines. A visa fee of INR 8,100 has to be paid for single entry for duration of one month. A visa fee of INR 11,700 has to be paid for double entry for duration of two months. A visa fee of INR 5,525 has to be paid for multiple entries for a period of six months. The processing time taken is usually three to five working days.
It is best to be prepared before you travel. Make sure to identify which Jordan Visa for Indians processing method you are going to opt for while visiting Jordan. First-time visitors need to visit embassy office in person, and they cannot request a travel agent to represent them. You need to make sure to keep your documents ready and also carry extra set of photocopies of all the relevant documents requested by the Jordanian embassy. This will ensure that you receive your tourist visa without any hassles. You can also check out our guide on Malaysian Visa for Indian Citizens.